CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 8, 2009

Annabelle...



Ahh where do I start with Annabelle...she came to us because Mommy and daddy thought I needed a new gurl..Lily passed away due to complications of Dilated Cardiomyopathy (3 yrs after we became best buds) I would not eat, drink or play I just looked out the window for Lily, everyday! So mommy and daddy went to the local shelter and was just going to look, nothing else...ahh if they only knew what was in store for them... So they get there and begin to look in all the pens, they wanted a Boxer but knew the chances of that at a shelter were slim but they looked anyway..so finally they get to pen 10 and there are 10 puppies in there all 10 weeks old brought up from West Virginia on the Hounds Bound Program, mommy saw one she liked and started to pet her and as daddy walked in a little girl named Haley went straight for him, no stopping, she climbed over everyone to get to him, as she arrived at his feel and calmly sat down and waited to be petted... daddy says it was love at first sight, he picked her up and showed mommy who too fell in love with her. The spent a few minutes with her and her brothers and sisters then decided to see her one on one in the back pen. They took her aside and played with her, daddy knew she was the one after he asked her "do you want to come home with us?" she let out the tiniest little bark as if to say yes, take me home...they did and she must have had the biggest grin on her face thinking.."suckers!!!!" She is a smart little girl, she knew mommy and daddy were the best human parents around, she knew going home with them meant living the high life, and that she does. So they renamed her Annabelle on the ride home, they stopped at PetCo and got her a few things, remember they were just going to look, so they didn't have puppy food and toys for her yet. She arrived home and we met, she climbed all over me and wanted to chew my ears, well it has been five years since that day and she STILL chews my ears geesh. I'd like to say it has been fun having her but, she growls at me all the time and never lets me get on mommy's bed, she thinks it is all hers, ahh no sister I was here first!!! Oh sorry where was I...she came home and we met, I'm not lying when I tell you what happened next...she peed on the floor in the living room and I went over and sniffed it and mommy told me to get out of there. I waited about 45 minutes and then I started barking, remember Lily taught me how, well I barked and barked and finally mommy asked if I wanted to go outside I said, well duh? So she and daddy put on our leashes and out we went... guess what happened...? I did not have to go, but Annabelle did, I was telling mommy that Annabelle needed to potty, I was such a good boy, mommy and daddy thanked me but they had no idea what else was in store....we went inside and got our treats for going outside and Annabelle and I cuddled on the floor and took a nap...about 2 hours later I woke up barking and Annabelle was still sleeping, mommy asked if I now needed to go outside..again DUH? so I woke up the sleeping Annabelle and we went outside and I peed and Annabelle pooped...see I am a good boy because to this day Annabelle has not had another accident in the house And I can always tell when she needs to go out, mommy says she was very lucky because the never had to house train her I did all myself...I am not kidding my mommy will tell you how lucky she is no accidents and no guessing as to when to take us out, I always tell her, sometimes I don't have to go, on these time mommy calls me MS, for moral support, but I always get a cookie.
Annabelle joining our family was a great addition, she got me out of my funk and I began to play, eat and run again, I still missed Lily, but i didn't want to miss out on what Annabelle next had up her sleeve. She is a very mischievous little girl, no tin a bad way but she can get into some trouble I tell you. She will take things off the counter, which mommy says is a bad thing but I don't think so cause I usually get to benefit from her naughtiness, hee hee, any ways...she thinks she runs the house, see I a lover not a fighter so I let her believe what she wants, I and mommy know the real truth. She loves me I know because they tell me she sits in the window and waits for me to come back from where ever I may have gone...she loves me, she really loves me. We are cuddlers I had to teach her because when she first came she didn't understand that it was ok to curl up next to mommy and daddy on the couch, love seat or bed...this is where all the cuddles, kisses and petting comes in, I taught her a little too well, cause now she thinks it is all about her and not me...again WRONG, I was here first!!!! She is a good gurrl and my newest best friend, I hear mommy say all the time over and over again " You are not what we were looking for, but you are exactly what we needed." Shelter puppies make the best family members.
....stay tuned for more ...i promise advventures...I will post a few later...stand by...

2 PAWments:

Rufus and Indie said...

Hi Riley! Annabelle is a lovely girl!

Bruschi said...

Hi Riley! Annabelle is a very lucky girl! And you are such a good boy to help her have no accidents in the house!

Annabelle is in love with me!? BOL! Oh boy! I can't wait to tell my Mommy! hehehe

Hugs and Licks, Bruschi